Pugh & Sanders were appointed to provide bespoke Supply Chain Management services to Network Rail (NWR) Engineering and Services, to help combine their national requirements of Fasteners & Components for Track Maintenance, Track Renewal and Ballast Cleaning.
Previously inventory was stored across 3 locations on all depots. Pugh and Sanders were directed to consolidate the 3 stock locations into a single integrated Stock Station, at each of NWR’s seven national depots.
Network Rail objectives were to further increase onsite efficiencies relating to rolling stock maintenance and parts availably. Pugh & Sanders assisted in delivering key enhancements to Network Rail Inventory Management:
- Identified and deleted duplicate items to ensure 1 NWR Part number per item
- Modernised stock replenishment system to help NWR employee picking, stock take and organise stock placement
- Full item specification across Network Rail’s database and stock replenishment system
- All Network Rail part numbers integrated into Pugh & Sanders database – issued across all paperwork
- Quarterly usage / item movement report – understand product movement across each depot
- Implemented an automatic ordering system
Due to the success of this collaboration, Network Rail are working with Pugh & Sanders to extend our services to include additional Ancillary C Class Products like pneumatics, seals & bearings.
To find out more, please contact us